Monday, October 31, 2011

Why, hello there!

Okay, it's been way too long. SO, I'm gonna skip the uninteresting bit and head straight for the good bits. Right now, I'm sitting in a B&B in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You wanna know why? Because on Sunday, we got snowed out! I believe we got a good...2 feet of snow. And because the snow was so early, the trees still had leaves. And because they still had leaves, they caught the snow instead of letting it fall through the branches. And...well long story short, trees fell down and knocked out the power lines. And we have no power at school. Overnight it was okay, just a little chilly. But then morning came around. And without power, there was no breakfast. And 1500 hungry (pro-protesting) college students is not a good mix. But at least there was something. So we nommed on the last of whatever the college had, which was...not much. But at least it was something. Then, the interns (Hampshire equivalents of RA's) went around telling people that we were 'relocating' (because 'evacuating' is such a big scary word), and that if we had a way out, we were 'encouraged to leave campus'. So, I did. I found the next car heading to Boston, and I jumped in.
The ride to Boston was...frantic, to say the least. Everyone was making a beeline to the gas stations before they ran out of gas, and a lot of the gas stations were closed. We made it to Boston in...a few hours, because we got lost a few times along the way. They dropped me off at the Boston Logan airport, where I was supposed to take the silver line down to Cambridge. As I'm happily walking down to buy my subway pass, I notice something...my wallet is not in my hand, it's not in my bag...no. It's in a car on it's way to Maine. Fml, right? So, I sat in the airport, and cried for a while and had general feelings of panic until I got hold of an old friend who could get me into Cambridge. Thank goodness for him. After a long, cold, and tedious subway ride, I finally got to Cambridge, walked into the hotel (smuggled Dottie in, too) and crashed.
Now here I am, waiting for my wallet so I can go be normal. I had to brush my hair with a fork this morning. That's how little I brought with me. I am truly thankful for the privilege I have in society. Albeit I am not rich, I do have the means to have everything I need. And now I am SO thankful for that. Anyways, here are some pictures of snow, me, and the fork. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment