Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wanna get ma hurr did

One quick thing.
I'm from Africa. I want to get my hair braided. Now - back home, it would only cost, maybe about $15 to get braids, maybe more for micros or invisible. And so, in my search here, I'm all: "Oh, it's not gonna be that expensive. I'll pop in, sit down for a couple hours, pay $15, and come out with a new do." What happened in reality: "Hey, how much would it cost for me to get micro braids done?" "$150." "Kthxbai". And I was outta there. $150? (May I also point out, that in Kin, weaves cost $60-$80. In America, they're $120-$200. Ugh. The plights of being a black woman in America. I don't know how people here do it!...Well, that's my rant for today. If you need help understanding why I need my hair done, refer back to the picture of me combing my hair with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment