Friday, November 11, 2011

It's a dead tie

Hokay... So I was invited to a formal party/dance about a week ago. The theme (I hate themes so much) is futuristic... So my "date" decided that we would just wear silver shirts or something. So we got the bright idea that I could wear a silver tie with a black shirt instead. Makes perfect sense right? Right. But wal-mart didn't have any plain silver ties, so being the cheap losers we are, we went to the salvation army store, got a 50 cent tie and some spray paint... Yeah... In hindsight. This was probably not the best idea I've had. But anyways. After spending several minutes painting the tie and my hands silver, fumigating myself in my room (my poor roomate) and waking up early to put a second coat on it I got back outside to re-paint it for a third time but I can't find the tie. I had been painting it behind the dumpsters outback to avoid awkward questions and/or wind. I only managed to avoid the questions. Next thing I know the guys who pick up the card board recycling stuff found my tie and threw both the tie and the piece of cardboard it was sitting on in the dumpster... So not only were they not doing their job but they messed up what was going to be a pretty sweet looking tie.
So now I'm having to go to J.C Penny's with the money my awesome grandpa gave me (just for this occasion) and hope they have a tie that works... #fingerscrossed

No comments:

Post a Comment