Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Congressionaly non-censored post

Boy is it cold. I believe the high today is 33* Fahrenheit or 273.70556 Kelvin or 0.55556 Celsius for you European types. Either way, that's cold. And the only way I'll tolerate cold is if I can play ice hockey. They don't have that here. They don't even have a rink. The coldest city in Missouri and we don't even have an ice rink... This is just wrong. Can one of you Canadian types please ship me an ice rink? I'd love to have one. Please and thank you.

But in the mean time, I think I may have found a possible summer job working at a Christian youth camp in TX. Not bad eh? The only problem is that I"d like to goo back to Kinshasa sometime between now and August but this camp is all summer and I don't know if they'd let me back on if I left. So I'll have to do a bit more research into it and hope things work out. I thinkit would be awesome if I got a job there because then I'd be able to serve God AND make some summer money AND have fun. Anything wrong with that? Didn't think so.

Also, Rugby practice has begun again. We've got a lot of new guys coming out and it looks to be a good season. Problem is, practice is on Tuesday and Thursday after my high intensity interval training class for health... I'm in a bit of pain today. Everything from my knees down is either on fire or numb. The price I pay for some things makes me wonder why I do them... But then I remember "Akia-Kaha" Forever Strong. Gotta work hard to get anywhere. Bring it on!

And on a final note. Maybe some of you heard about my little brother Daniel already but if not here's what happened. He dropped a glass coke bottle on the floor at our home in Kinshasa and a piece of it sliced his leg quite deeply and he had to be rushed to the hospital through terrible traffic and was treated at a sketchy clinic. All is well and God provided perfectly for the needs that needed met. Thanks for your prayers guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment