Thursday, January 26, 2012

*title goes here*

Today was an interesting day. I woke up earlier than I normally would (around 0800) so I could ideally go to a state park with a buddy of mine named Nathan. All was fine and dandy until we actually started trying to do things that were on our list. First, I was to meet him in one of our admin buildings so he could register for squatter's rights on a suite next year for me, him and one of his buddies (I've yet to find a roomate). Turns out, he can't do this until the 16th of February... It's a first come, first served madhouse idea and he has a class until 0830... That's 30 min after registration starts... Frustrating. Secondly, the idea was to go to the park. That would have worked but the battery in Nathan's car was dead. So we pulled out his handy-dandy trickle charger and set it up on the car for an hour or so trying at various times to start the car. None of them worked so we began to spam all our car owning friends with messages and calls to try and get someone to jump his car. This whole time it's rather brisk outside. Finally Nathan get a hold of one of his friends and she agrees to come jump the car. But it's parked in a spot with no access points. So what is there to do but back it out? Right? Right. As previously mentioned, the car will not start so we have to push. Not a big deal right? We're both rugby players, it's in our job description. Did I mention Nathan has a post-op surgical boot on one of his feet so he can't push? No? ok. Well it's true. So I have to push his Subaru out of the parking spot and a bit through the parking lot. Only, to prevent blocking traffic we (I) had to move it forwards so we (he) could straighten it out. This required pushing his car up a hill... 30 feet later he says stop and sets the brake. Five minutes later his friend shows up and we get a jump. We go to park and all is well, then we go through the Wendy's drive-through on the way back and also stop at Hasting's Movie store. Cool place, lots of movies. Upon re-entering the car, I attempt to start it, nothing. Nathan and I looked at each other with a mild sense of disbelief and a strong urge to murder a small mammal. I tried the key again and it worked. I looked back at Nathan and said simply: "I think God wants me to go to class today". So I did, it was boring, and now I must study. But I thought you all might like to hear that little tale. And remember kids: God wants YOU to go to class.
Also, I'm blogging in the time I would normally be in my fitness class. The teacher didn't show so I got free, free time!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment