Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's nothing huge, just the fate of the world.

Right now I'm sitting in the "study bubble" in our dorm hall. Obviously, I am not studying. I'm people watching and reminiscing about my day. Not much of a day but I feel I got a lot done.

I woke up and went to the last Writing As Critical Thinking class of the semester (can I get a woot woot?)!! Got a B+ over all and I feel good about it! Muwahahaha. Did some Christmas shopping and due to the sensitive nature of the information contained I cannot post on this blog that which I bought or that which was looked upon with consideration. Sorry guys.... No peeky peeky here. Haha! *ahem* So I also learned that I cannot cash checks in Kirksville which makes for an awkward moment with the cashier at the bank. But crisis averted and all is well. Got the problem sorted out an I should have my money soon.

I am also slightly disturbed at the elections in D.R.C... Postponed for another day? Really Congo? How hard is this? Count the votes, elect winner. End of story. Thank you and goodnight.

Ok. So this current paragraph is being written at 2:37am (central U.S time) on 12/9/2011.
Thought I'd touch up my post before it hit the internet. With what? I don't know. But really what's on my mind right now is the sheer amount of intolerance that is out there towards Christians. Especially Christians in politics. People may say that we should separate church and state but that does not mean taking God out of the equation. The church is an organised group autonomous from the state but both fall under God's command. It's fine and dandy to ignore the truly religious minority (and those that are, are becoming more and more rare) and generalize Christians with all the other Christians; but say a Muslim is like all other Muslims and they all blow things up will likely get you sued, shot, hate mail or all of the above. Say the same thing about Jews and you're suddenly Hitler. Say it about the GBLT and you're intolerant in the highest degree. But, say anything you want about Christianity and you're golden, you're praised, you might even be given a Nobel prize. Regardless of your beliefs, I'm sure that as an intelligent individual you can see the target. It's simply not fair and it needs to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment