Friday, December 16, 2011

Three dentist appointments, two hair appointments, and a partridge in a pear tree...

SO! Today, I get on that plane to go (to Paris and then) HOME!!! I am so excited. Unless you're a TCK, I don't think you can fully understand. From the DRC (which is on the equator) I moved to Massachusetts. Massachusetts!! So, it's been pretty cold. Needless to say, I miss the warm, sunny, chaotic mess that is my home.

Anyways, yesterday. Yesterday was AMAZING. I mean, I woke up around 4 like I have been, and then I think I talked to Josh. We talked for a while, and then each went to go get our respective breakfasts. I had 2 poached eggs, one on toast, the other on a croissant. Yum. ANTYWAYS. Then, I went to my 3rd dentist appointment I've had this week. Pretty masochistic of me. Then, I went into town. And I had to take....the subway!! *cue creepy music* The thing about the subway is...if you're from a place where you, your parents, or your chauffer drive you everywhere, you usually have no idea how to use it. So every time I'd get on, I would have a panic attack because I thought the train was going somewhere I didn't wanna go. For example, I got on the train going to Alewife (which is in the direction of my hotel) and I freaked out because it didn't say "going to Harvard Square", which is where I needed to get off. ANOTHER THING! Boston accents are one of the most annoying accents in the world (sorry Bostoners.) Worse then New York accents. Moving on. After about 30 minutes of sub-terranian chaos, I made it to Newbury street, which is like...the shopping district of Boston. Anyways, after a lovely day of pampering myself at salons and such, I went shopping, and bought myself new kicks and other things.

To end the day, I bought myself a Caramel Brulée latte from Starbucks, and took the subway home. By then I was exhausted. I did laundry, talked to Josh, and then went to sleep. And I slept so well! I went to bed around 11:30 pm, and then woke up at around 9:30 am. It was amazing.
Then I headed towards Harvard Square, had breakfast at Starbucks, wandered around aimlessly in the Square, window shopped, and then headed back to the B&B that I'm staying at, where I am now writing this blog. Josh just missed his flight, but luckily, he got another ticket, which makes me happy. I need to see this guy! He's like a big brother to me (even though he's 2 months younger than me). Not to mention he helped me get this blog going.

Anyways, guys, I'ma wrap things up, cuz I'm gonna have to get a taxi to the airport soon. Like Josh, I'm not sure if I'll be able to write posts in Congo, because of the slow internet speed, but I'll try my best. If I can't I will keep a log, and tell you all everything once I get back. Until then - Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I will see you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment