Thursday, December 1, 2011

Perfectly Melancholy

You know those times when songs meet mood combined with the weather? I'm sure most of you do. But think of it like the idea of Christmas music with snow on the ground. But it happened to me the other day and it was simply beautiful. It was a misty, cold and rainy Sunday morning. I was listening to Mayday Parade's new album and something just clicked. I was thinking heavily about home and the potential for trouble there and I was also thinking about some recent and rather upsetting life events between both me and my friends. But those whole moment was just so beautiful I just stopped (I was standing in the middle of the road....) and prayed. It was a simple prayer and I'm not sure I could even tell you in words what I said. But it was certainly heartfelt and I would do it again anytime.

And ever since then I haven't been quite able to shake the melancholic feeling. I think I'm slightly homesick or something. Maybe I'm tired (staying up till 2am will do that when it's 5 days a week). But a shout out to all those reading this between freshman and senior high school years... Enjoy your sleep while you have it. You think you don't have any now. Oh man. It gets worse. >:]

No comments:

Post a Comment